Monday, November 30, 2009

A very busy Thanksgiving Day!

Thanksgiving Turkey Trot-5k
Thanksgiving morning Kent, Kaycee, Crystal and I ran the first annual Heritage Park 5k. (park near my house) It was 25 degrees outside and cold, everyone was wearing gloves and hats. Crystal made fun of my hat, she walked right past me and did not recognize me, it was funny. Crystal and I stayed together, Kent and Kaycee ran together. Kaycee finished strong and did so well, she is a natural runner like her Aunt and Grandpa.

To make the day more fun and festive we celebrated Mia's 6th birthday, she was born on the 26th, when I gave birth to her I spent Thanksgiving day in the hospital. I remember feeling happy about my newborn and hungry for a Thanksgiving dinner. The hospital's version of Thanksgiving dinner was really bad, thankfully Kent did bring me some leftover dinner and pie from his families house.


Let's feed the kids first, it was great, when it was time to sit down they were all ready taken care of. The kids loved the rolls and turkey the best, the least favorite overall was the orange mashed potatoes (mixed sweet potato with regular potato) and the green been casserole.



When dinner was over my mom, sister and I went to the Gateway and saw New Moon, this was my second time seeing it. We we all loved it, my mom who has not read the books loves Jacob and cannot see Bella and Edward's love. Not I, I am Edward all the way, hairy chest and all!




For the first time I love the red eye in this picture, it makes us look like Vampires. I did not cut out the lady behind me on purpose, during an important scene in New Moon this lady starting coughing up a lung, it was forever. Jen and I kept hitting elbows and could not believe how obnoxious it was-I was ready to chuck my water bottle at her.





3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I am making my blog private this week; if you would still like to read leave a comment on my blog with your email or email me at amberlogas@yahoo.com if I have already made it private.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had fun. I love that Hayden and Mariah have the same birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw you guys running out our front window! How fun that Kaycee did it! She's so awesome! I should have done it too. I'm getting out of shape!
    We ended up having Thanksgiving at our house too, last minute. Lots of work, but fun!
    I can't believe you're still an Edward fan!! After the movie, I'm sorry, but it's Jacob, and it makes me sad that she doesn't go for him.

    ReplyDelete