Sunday, August 30, 2009

Strawberry Jam and other stuff














My sister Crystal and I spent most of our day Friday making Strawberry Freezer Jam. We each bought 5 big Costco containers of Strawberries, two bags of sugar each and 10 total boxes of pectin. Cutting the strawberries by far took the longest time, then waiting for the mixture to come to a full boil took awhile too, we took turns stirring the huge pot with a whisk. At the end we realized we had extra strawberries so I had to run to Smiths to get 5 more boxes of pectin. We started our jam making at 11 and finished up about 3:30. Here are some pictures of our endeavor.
(We had to take care of 4 kids and baby during this too, luckily Claire slept most of the time.)





2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow Season...that is a lot of jam! I am coming to buy some from you when I run out:)

    Happy after all these years of knowing each other - we finally found each others blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and Crystal were busy. You guys will be eating yummy strawberry jam for a long time!

    ReplyDelete