





I am so behind on my on my posts, my friend Shauna and brother Mike have informed me I need to post and update my blog more. Three weeks ago I ran in a race called the "Wasatch Back" , here is a brief description according to the website:
"Your relay team will consist of 12 members. During the relay, each team member runs three legs, each leg ranging between 3 - 8 miles and varying in difficulty. You and 11 of your closest friends running day and night, relay-style, through some of the most scenic terrain North America could muster. Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. "
"Your relay team will consist of 12 members. During the relay, each team member runs three legs, each leg ranging between 3 - 8 miles and varying in difficulty. You and 11 of your closest friends running day and night, relay-style, through some of the most scenic terrain North America could muster. Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. "
The last part made me laugh out loud, I would not call this race a slumber party! I did have a great time, there were a lot of fun times and inside jokes that will never go away. But overall 7 people in a 7 passenger mini-van for 32 hours, was not a good thing. The name of our Van was "We're Pooped", we had a blow up toilet tied on top of our van. My favorite run of the race was my second leg, 7.8 miles at 2:30 a.m. , it was dark and cool, very peaceful. My third leg I was able to run with my sister in law Tara, it was the hardest leg of the race, 4 miles at an 8% grade, climbing about 1700 feet!! The thing I am wearing on my head is called a "BUFF", they are worn on survivor. The chances of us being able to do this together was slim so it was so great when it happened, I could have not done it so well without her.
During the race many people dressed up in costumes and ran, our favorite by far were the 80's girls!! The only picture we got was one of my teammates, with the 80's girls in the background, double click on the picture to see it clearer. The last picture was taken at East Canyon reservoir, we had about 3 hours to rest- yeah right, we were to busy laughing about the costumes we saw and the names of some peoples vans----"VANGINA"
During the race many people dressed up in costumes and ran, our favorite by far were the 80's girls!! The only picture we got was one of my teammates, with the 80's girls in the background, double click on the picture to see it clearer. The last picture was taken at East Canyon reservoir, we had about 3 hours to rest- yeah right, we were to busy laughing about the costumes we saw and the names of some peoples vans----"VANGINA"
Great job!
ReplyDelete