



I have mixed feelings about Antelope Island, the views and scenery are very beautiful but the smell and the bugs are a big issue. I covered Samantha and I with bug spray but I was still scraping the bugs off my neck. The knats/flies are outrageous, my car is covered, as I was driving the seven mile stretch out to the island I thought it was raining but it was not rain it was the sound of the bugs hitting my windshield. It was beautiful weather and the wind was blowing just a bit, we hiked the Buffalo Point trail, that is where Samantha found a cave and we saw a few lizards. On the way to the visitors center we saw a Antelope and it's calf, we then learned about brine shrimp , ate lunch then went wading in the Great Salt Lake. (Samantha did with her friends) I sat on a blanket and talked with other parents. Overall it was great weather and a fun field trip, Samantha wants to go back but we will wait till the fall when it is cooler outside.
Yeah I remember when we went with you and samantha a few years ago. I wouldn't go back. I can say I have been there and I am happy with that.
ReplyDelete