Saturday, April 25, 2009

Broadway here we come!




























Mariah and her cousin Savannah took dance together this year at my friend's dance place in Centerville. Last Saturday they had their year end recital at Davis High School, they were both so excited and it was hard for them to stand still for even a moment. I attempted to take some pictures before the recital, the sun was bright and the lighting was not the best but they liked posing for me. Notice Mariah's shiny tights, I put her in the wrong ones and they were way to big and shiny for her and there were a lot of stains on them. Luckily I called Kent, he found the correct ones at home and brought them to the recital, we were able to change them before she danced. They tapped to the song "I Won't Grow Up", Mariah was front and center and knew her routine well, we enjoyed watching her, she really over exxagerated her movements which made us laugh. Savannah was the queen of posing, she brought her knee up high, put her chin high in the air and loved having one hand on her hip. Earlier that day we went to Lagoon, Mariah was getting off a ride called the Bat, as she slid out of her seat she fell and sliced her chin open on the metal on the chair. We took her to insta-care and she had to get three stitches. Samantha came with me and was so tender and cute with Mia, when the doctor was stitching her up she rubbed her legs and feet to help her relax. Mariah cried very little and was worried but for the most part did so great! I am proud of her.

1 comment: