Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fourth of July















For the third year in a row we went to the Walker (Kent's sister) house for a Fourth of July party. We swam, we ate, the kids played games and went down a huge slip and slide made out of high quality plastic. We watch the fireworks in their backyard, which backs to the local high school, we have great views without the hassle of parking and crowds. About 5 minutes into the fireworks I notice Nathan is nowhere to be found, Kent and I start to look for him and can't find him. A few other people start to look too, it is dark out and I start to get worried. The second I walk into the house to look for him I hear these words: "I'm DONE", "MOM, I DONE" "I'm DONE"
He was in the house screaming for me to come wipe his bum, luckily he did not know that he had already missed half the fireworks!
***My favorite picture by far is the one of Nathan holding the sparkler, my sister and I laughed so hard at this picture. His mouth and face are so concentrated on that sparkler.
*** I beat Kent two games in a row in BOCCE BALL, this never happens.
***My brother in law noticed I ate three plates of food and pointed out that I ate more than him. :(
( I disagree, he had def. had at least 4 plates.)

2 comments:

  1. I love when Nathan yells I'm done. I yelled it a few times when we got home from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, that's histerical about nathan. i love that picture of him, too. glad you guys had fun! i love bocce ball! we should play sometime. only because i refuse to play tennis

    ReplyDelete